Healthy Chicken Nuggets Recipe…
As the nights draw in a little earlier and a lot cooler, we all start craving some heartier meals at dinner time. But that doesn’t have to mean unhealthy. These homemade chicken nuggets use a combination of breadcrumbs and milled seeds for the coating so they’re packed full of nutrients. Serve with homemade wedges and a big side of greens!
– 500g chicken breast, diced;
– 2 slice granary bread;
– 2 tbsp milled seeds (we use pumpkin, chia and flax);
– 2 eggs;
– 1 tsp paprika;
– Salt and pepper.
– Preheat the oven to 200C fan and line a baking tray with paper;
– Lightly toast the bread then blitz in a food processor to make a thick crumb;
– Tip the crumbs onto a plate and mix in the seeds, paprika, salt and pepper;
– Lightly beat the 2 eggs, then pour onto a second plate;
– Coat each portion of chicken in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, and then spread on the baking tray;
– Bake for 20 minutes.
Serves 4. Per Serving (nuggets only): 234 kcal; 5g fat; 11g carbs; 36g protein.