These vegan chocolate truffles are so rich and chocolately that you’ll struggle to believe they’re packed full healthy benefits, such as fibre, antioxidants, omega 3, protein and magnesium. We recommend using a pure peanut butter than contains nothing but nuts and maybe a little salt.
– 100g dates
– 100g peanut butter
– 25g dark cocoa
– 3 tbsp canned coconut milk
– 1-3 tbsp coconut milk (from a carton)
– 3 tbsp chia seeds
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 15g dessicated coconut
– Put the dates, PB, cocoa, canned coconut milk & salt in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to keep scraping the mixture from the edges of the blender;
– Stir in the chia seeds, if the mix is too solid add up to 3 tbsp coconut milk to it until it’s more mixable but you don’t want it runny. Transfer the mix to the fridge for at least 2 hours;
– Spread the dessicated coconut onto a plate;
– Remove from the fridge and divide into 16 balls;
– Roll each ball in the coconut;
– Return to the fridge for at least an hour and keep refrigerated until eaten (try not to eat them all at once!).
Each truffle: 87 kcal; 5g fat, 7g carbs, 3g protein.