Looking for a simple, tasty and balanced meal that is packed with nutrients and tastes even better the next day? Then you need to give this Low Fat Chicken Sausage & Bean Stew a try. We like to use Heck chicken sausages which are high in protein, low in fat and yet still delicious!
– 8 Heck chicken sausages
– 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
– 1 tin of cannellini beans
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– ½ tbsp olive oil
– ½ chicken stock cube
– 1 medium chilli pepper, finely diced
– 1 tsp paprika
– ½ tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– Salt & pepper
– Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, pepper, garlic and chilli until softened;
– Squeeze the sausages out of their skins into the pan, breaking them up into chunks as you do so;
– Fry until cooked through then add all remaining ingredients and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes;
– Serve with pasta or lots of green veg.
Serves 4. Each serving (excluding pasta): 367kcal; 20g fat; 19g carbs; 27g protein.