It’s that time of year where we crave a hearty, comforting meal but are conscious of keeping calories under control. Our healthy beef stroganoff recipe is just the ticket to warm you up this winter as it uses cauliflower instead of cream to make a rich and creamy sauce that comes without the guilt!
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
500g extra lean beef cuts, seasoned
300g mushrooms, sliced
1 medium cauliflower head, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of water
Large handful parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
– Boil the cauliflower until completely soft; drain and then blend in a food processor with the Worcester sauce until smooth;
– Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until completely soft;
– Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes then transfer to a dish;
– Add the seasoned beef to the pan, adding a little more oil if necessary, and cook until well browned;
– Add the mushrooms and onions back to the pan, along with the cauliflower and enough water to get a consistency you are happy with, and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes;
– Serve with rice or pasta and scatter with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional values (per serving, excluding rice/pasta): 285kcal; 17g protein; 13g carbs; 15g fat.